« PreviousContinue »
Standing Orders. imposition of an improvement charge, application in writing shall be made to with which is to be the Owners or reputed Owners, Lessees or reputed Lessees, and Occupiers proved before of all such Lands and Houses, inquiring whether they assent, dissent, or are
neuter in respect of such application ; and in cases of Bills included in the second class, such application shall be, as nearly as may be, in the form set forth in the Appendix marked (A.).
Lists of Owners,
12. SEPARATE Lists shall be made of the Names of such Owners, Lessees and Occupiers, distinguishing those who have assented, dissented or are neuter in respect to such application, or who have returned no answer thereto; and where no written acknowledgment has been returned to an application forwarded by post, or where such application has been returned as undelivered at any time before the making up of such list, the direction of the letter in which the same was so forwarded shall be inserted therein.
Notice to Frontagers in case of Tramways.
Notices when it is
13. On or before the Fifteenth day of December immediately preceding the Application for a Bill for the laying down a Tramway, Notice in writing shall be given to the Owners or reputed Owners, Lessees, or reputed Lessees, and Occupiers of all houses, shops, or warehouses abutting upon any part of any street or road where, for a distance of Thirty feet or upwards, it is proposed that a less space than Nine feet Six inches shall intervene between the outside of the footpath on either side of the road and the nearest rail of the Tramway, or a less space than Ten feet Six inches, if it is intended to
run on the Tramway carriages or trucks adapted for use upon Railways. Notice to Owners
13a. On or before the Fifteenth day of December immediately preceding the and Lessees of Railways, Tram- application for any Bill for laying down a Tramway crossing any Railway ways, or Canals
or Tramway on the level, or crossing any Railway, Tramway, or Canal by crossed, affected, or interfered with by
means of a Bridge, or otherwise affecting or interfering with such Railway, proposed Tramway. Tramway, or Canal, Notice in writing of such application shall be served
upon the Owner or reputed Owner, and upon the Lessee or reputed Lessee of such Railway, Tramway, or Canal, and such Notice shall state the place or places at which the plans of the Tramway to be authorised by such Bill have been or will be deposited.
14. On or before the Fifteenth day of December immediately preceding the beramente se ater from Application for a Bill, whereby it is proposed to abstract Water from any
Stream for the purpose of supplying any Cut, Canal, Reservoir, Aqueduct, Navigation, or Waterwork, Notice in writing of such Bill shall be given to the Owners or reputed Owners, Lessees or reputed Lessees, and Occupiers of all Mills and Manufactories or other Works using the Waters of such Stream for a distance of Twenty miles below the point at which such Water is intended to be abstracted, such distance to be measured along the course of such Stream, unless such Waters shall, within a less distance than Twenty miles, fall into or unite with any navigable Stream, and then only to the Owners or reputed Owners, Lessees or reputed Lessees, and Occupiers of such Mills and Manufactories, or other Works as aforesaid, which shall be situate between the point at which such Water is proposed to be abstracted, and the point at which such Water shall fall into or unite with such navigable Stream; and such Notice shall state the name (if any) by which the Stream is known at the point at which such Water shall be immediately abstracted, and also the Parish in which such point is situate, and the time and place of deposit of Plans, Sections, and Books of Reference and Copies of the Gazette Notice respectively with the Clerks of the Peace and Sheriff Clerks, as the case may be.
15. On or before the Fifteenth day of December immediately preceding the Housesc un case of Application for a Bill for constructing Gas Works or Sewage Works, or
Works for the Manufacture or Conversion of the Residual Products of Gas Gas Works, &c. or Sewage, or for constructing any Station for generating Electrical Energy
on specified lands, or for making or constructing a Sewage Farm, Cemetery, Burial Ground, Crematorium, Destructor, or Hospital for Infectious Disease, Notice shall be served upon the Owner, Lessee and Occupier of every Dwelling House situated within 300 Yards of the lands in or upon which such Gas Works, Sewage Works, Works for the Manufacture of Residual
Notice to Owners
Standing Orders, Products, Generating Station, Farm, Cemetery, Burial Ground, Crematorium, with complained to be Destructor or Hospital may be made or constructed.
proved before 16. On or before the Fifteenth day of December immediately preceding the Notice to Owners, Application for a Bill whereby the whole or any part of a Work authorised &c. in case of by any former Act is intended to be relinquished, Notice in writing of such relinquishment of Bill shall be served upon the Owners or reputed Owners, Lessees or reputed Lessees, and Occupiers of the Lands in which any part of the said Work intended to be thereby relinquished is situate.
17. On or before the Twenty-first day of December immediately preceding Notice to Owners, the application for a Bill, whereby any express statutory provision then in &c. in cases of force for the protection of the Owner, Lessee, or Occupier of any Property, peal of Provisions or for the protection or benefit of any public Trustees or Cominissioners, Corporation or Person, specifically named in such provision, is sought to be altered or repealed, Notice in writing of such Bill, and of the intention to alter or repeal such provision, shall be served upon every such Owner, Lessee, or Occupier, public Trustees or Commissioners, Corporation or Person.
17a. On or before the Twenty-first day of December immediately preceding Notice to Owners, the application for a Bill whereby any express statutory provision relating &e, in cases of to nuisance arising on any lands is sought to be altered or repealed, Notice peal of Provisions in writing of such Bill, and of the intention to alter or repeal such provision, relating to shall be served upon the owner and lessee of every dwelling-house situate
Nuisance. within three hundred yards of the said lands.
18. On or before the Twenty-first day of December immediately preceding Notice in case of the application for a Bill whereby any compulsory running powers are Application for proposed to be taken over any railway, Notice in writing of such Bill, running powers. and of the intention to apply for such running powers, shall be served upon every Company owning or working such railwa..
19. All Applications shall be made, and Notices served, either by Mode of making delivering the same personally to the party entitled to such Application Application and or Notice, or by leaving the same
at his usual place of abode, or, in his serving Notice. absence from the United Kin same same by post in a registered Vetter, addressed with a sufficient direction to his usual place of abode, and posted on or before the third day previously to the day required for delivery of the same personally, at such places, at such hours and according to such regulations as the Postmaster General shall from time to time appoint for the posting and registration of such letters, and shall be accompanied by a copy of the Standing Orders which regulate the time and mode of presenting Petitions in opposition to Bills.
20. In all cases the written acknowledgment of the party applied to shall, Evidence of Appliin the absence of other proof, be sufficient evidence of such application having cation and Notice. been made, or notice given ; and in case of an application or notice having been forwarded by a registered letter, the production of the Post Office receipt for such letter shall be sufficient evidence of the due delivery of such" letter: Provided it shall appear that the same was properly and sufficiently directed, and that the same was not returned by the Post Office as undelivered!
21. No notice served or application made on Sunday, Christmas Day, Notices not to be Good Friday, or Easter Monday, or before Eight o'clock in the forenoon, or given on Sunday, after Eight 'clock in the afternoon of any day, shall be deemed valid, except in the case of delivery of letters by post.
22. In cases of Bills to authorise the laying down of a Tramway, the consents in case promoters / shall obtain the consent of the local authority of the district of Tramways Bill.
districts through which it is proposed to construct such Tramway, and where in any district there is a road authority distinct from the local authority, the consent of such road authority shall also be necessary in any case where power is sought to break up any road, subject to the jurisdiction of such road authority. For the purposes of this Order, in England and
Standing Orders, Scotland, the local and road authorities shall be the local and road authorities compliance
for the purposes of “ The Tramways Act, 1870,” except that in the case of
district councils and the county councils respectively. Provided that where
3. Documents required to be deposited, and the Times and Places of Deposit.
23. No Deposit required by the following Orders shall be deemed valid if made on Sunday, Christmas Day, Good Friday, or Easter Monday, or before Eight o'clock in the forenoon, or after Eight o'clock in the afternoon of
Deposit not to be made on Sunday, &c.
Deposit of Plans, Books of Referwith Clerk of the Peace, &c.
24. In cases of Bills of the Second Class, a Plan and also a Duplicate thereof, ence, and Sections together with a Book of Reference thereto, and a Section and also a Duplicate
thereof, as hereinafter described, and in cases of Bills of the First Class,
of the Board of Agriculture and Fisheries. Deposit of Plans
25. On or before the 30th day of November, a copy of the said Plans, Sections and Books of Reference, and in the case of Railway Bills, also a copy of the Ordnance Map, with the line of Railway delineated thereon,
shall be deposited in the Private Bill Office of this House. Deposit of Tram- 25a. In the case of Bills for laying down a Tramway, an Ordnance Map way Map with of the district on a scale of not less than six inches to a mile, with the line
&c. in Private Bill Oflice.
Board of Trade.
of the proposed Tramway marked thereon, and a Diagram on a scale of not Standing Orders, less than two inches to å mile, prepared in accordance with the specimen to with which is to be be obtained at the Office of the Board of Trade, must also be deposited at proved before that Office on or before the 30th November.
251. In cases of Bills for the supply of electrical energy, an Ordnance Deposit of Map in Map on a scale of not less than one inch to the mile, with the proposed case of Bills for area of supply marked thereon, shall be deposited at the Office of the Board supply of electrical of Trade on or before the 30th day of November.
26. In cases where Tidal Lands within the ordinary Spring Tides are to Deposit in case of be acquired, or in any way affected, a copy of the Plans and Sections shall, Bill affecting Tidal on or before the 30th day of November immediately preceding the application for the Bill, be deposited at the Office of the Harbour Department, Board of Trade, marked " TIDAL WATERS,” and on such copy all Tidal Waters shall be coloured blue, and if the Plans include any Bridge across Tidal Waters, the dimensions, as regards span and headway of the nearest Bridges, if any, across the same Tidal Waters above and below the proposed new Bridge, shall be marked thereon ; and in all such cases, such Plans and Sections shall be accompanied by an Ordnance Map of the country over which the Works are proposed to extend, or are to be carried, with their position and extent, or route accurately laid down thereon.
260. And, in cases where the work is to be situate on the banks, foreshore, Deposit in case of or bed of any river, a copy of the Plans and Sections shall, on or before the Bill affecting 30th day of November immediately preceding the application for the Bill, be Bivoks, &c. of deposited
(1) if the river is in England or Wales, at the Office of the Board of
at the Office of the Department of Agriculture and Technical
Instruction for Ireland, Dublin ;
also of such Board ;
27. In the case of Railway, Tramway, and Canal Bills, a Copy of all Deposit of Plans, Plans, Sections, and Books of Reference, required to be deposited in the &c. with Board of Office of any Clerk of the Peace or Sheriff Clerk, on or before the 30th day of November immediately preceding the application for the Bill (and in the case of Railway Bills also a Copy of the Ordnance Map, with the Line of Railway delineated thereon), shall on or before the same day be deposited in the Office of the Board of Trade.
28. WHERE the work or any part thereof will be situate in London, or Deposit of Plans where powers are sought to take or use any Lands compulsorily in London, and Sections with
London County a Copy of so much of the Plans, Sections, and Book of Reference as relates to London shall, on or before the 30th day of November, be deposited at the Office of the London County Council.
29. WHERE, under the powers of any Bill, any work is intended to be Deposit in certain made, maintained, varied, extended, or enlarged, or any lands or houses may cases with certaiu be taken or used compulsorily, or an improvement charge may be imposed,
Standing Orders, a Copy of so much of the said Plans and Sections as relates to any of the with which is to be areas hereinafter mentioned, together with a Copy of so much of the Book proved before of Reference as relates to such area, shall, on or before the 30th day of
November, be deposited with the Officer respectively hereinafter mentioned, that is to say, in the case of
(a) The City of London, or any borough in England or Wales, whether
Metropolitan or other, with the Town Clerk of such City or Borough ; (6) Any Urban District in England or Wales, not being a Borough, with the Clerk of the District Council ;
! ; (c) Any Parish in England or Wales having a Parish Council, with the
Clerk of the Parish Council, or, if there is no Clerk, with the Chairman
of that Council ; (d) Any Parish in England or Wales comprised in a Rural District, and
not having a Parish Council, with the Chairman of the Parish Meeting,
and with the Clerk of the District Council ; (e) Any Burgh in Scotland, with the Town Clerk or Clerk ; (f) Any Parish in Scotland, outside a Burgh, with the Clerk of the
Parish Council ; (8) Any Urban or Rural District in Ireland, with the Clerk of the
Deposit of Plans in certain cases with Home Office and Board of Agriculture and Fisheries.
30. Where by any Bill power is sought to take any Churchyard, Burial Ground, or Cemetery, or any part thereof, or to disturb the bodies interred therein, or where power is sought to take any Common or Commonable Land, as the case may be, a copy of so much of the Plans, Sections, and Books of Reference required by these Orders to be deposited in the Private Bill Office in respect of such Bill as relates to such Churchyard, Burial Ground or Cemetery, Common or Commonable Land, shall, on or before the Thirtieih day of November, be deposited at the Office of the Secretary of State for the Home Department, and a copy of so much of the said Plans, Sections, and Books of Reference as relates to such Common or commonable land shall, on or before the said day, be deposited at the Office of the Board of Agriculture and Fisheries.
Gazette Notice to be deposited with Plans, &c.
31. WHEREVER any Plans, Sections, and Books of Reference, or parts thereof, are required to be deposited, a copy of the Notice published in the Gazette of the intended application to Parliament shall be deposited therewith.
32. Every Petition for a Private Bill, headed by a short Title descriptive of the Undertaking or Bill, corresponding with that at the head of the Advertisement, with a Declaration, signed by the Agent, and a printed copy of the Bill annexed, shall be deposited in the Private Bill Office on or before the 17th day of December ; and such Petition, Bill and Declaration shall be open to the inspection of all parties ; and printed copies of the Bill shall also be delivered therewith for the use of any Member of the House or Agent who may apply for the same. Such Declaration shall state to which of the two Classes of Bills such Bill, in the judgment of the Agent, belongs ; and if the proposed Bill shall give power to effect any of the following objects; that is to say:
Power to take any lands or houses compulsorily, or to extend the time granted by any former Act for that purpose :
Power to levy tolls, rates or duties, or to alter any existing tolls, rates or duties; or to confer, vary or extinguish any exemption from payment of tolls, rates or duties, or to confer, vary or extinguish any other right or privilege :
Power to amalgamate with any other Company, or to sell or lease their Undertaking, or to purchase or take on lease the Undertaking of any other Company :