« PreviousContinue »
REPORT OF COMMITTEE IX-ON SIGNS, FENCES
MARO JOHNSON, Chairman;
T. E. Rust, Vice-Chairman;
To the American Railway Engineering Association:
Your Committee reports on the following subjects:
(1) Revision of the Manual No changes are recommended in the Manual.
(2) Location of Roadway Signs "This subject has been given careful study, the results of which appear in Appendix A. Recommendations relating to it appear under the head of conclusions.
(3) Highway Grade Crossings The Committee has not reached a unanimous conclusion on this subject and makes no recommendations. Tentative specifications were submitted last year and they appear in the Proceedings. Suggestions or criticism from the membership will be welcomed.
(4) Substitutes for Crossing Planks A large amount of data has been accumulated on this subject, and is presented as information in Appendix B.
(5) Concrete Fence Posts In Appendix C is presented tentative specifications for all concrete posts and tentative plans for round and square line posts
(6) Wood, Steel and Concrete Fence Posts Additional data has been accumulated during the year, but the Committee is not ready to submit conclusions and does not believe advance publication of the information received would be of value.