« PreviousContinue »
Standing Orders. Generating Station, Farm, Cemetery, Burial Ground, Crematorium, Destructor with which is to be or Hospital may be made or constructed.
Examiners. 16. On or before the Fifteenth day of December immediately preceding the Notice to Owners, Application for a Bill whereby the whole or any part of a Work authorised &c, in case of
relinquishment of by any
former Act is intended to be relinquished, Notice in writing of such Works. Bill shall be served upon the Owners or reputed Owners, Lessees or reputed Lessees, and Occupiers of the Lands in which any part of the said Work intended to be thereby relinquished is situate.
17. Ox or before the Twenty-first day of December immediately preceding Notice to Owners, the application for a Bill, whereby any express statutory provision then in &o in cases of force for the protection of the Owner, Lessee, or Occupier of any Property, peal of Provisions. or for the protection or benefit of any public Trustees or Cominissioners, Corporation or Person, specifically named in such provision, is sought to be altered or repealed, Notice in writing of such Bill, and of the intention to alter or repeal such provision, shall be served upon every such Owner, Lessee, or Occupier, public Trustees or Commissioners, Corporation or Person.
17a. On or before the Twenty-first day of December immediately preceding Notice to Ownerthe application for a Bill whereby any express statutory provision relating &c, in cases of to nuisance arising on any lands is sought to be altered or repealed, Notice peal of Provisions in writing of such Bill, and of the intention to alter or repeal such provision, relating to
Nuisance. shall be served upon the owner and lessee of every dwelling-house situate within three hundred yards of the said lands.
18. On or before the Twenty-first day of December immediately preceding Notice in case of the application for a Bill whereby any compulsory running powers are Application for proposed to be taken over any railway, Notice in writing of such Bill, running powers. and of the intention to apply for such running powers, shall be served upon every Company owning or working such railway.
19. ALL Applications shall be made, and Notices served, either by Mode of making delivering the same personally to the party entitled to such 'Application Application and or Notice, or by leaving the same at his usual place of abode, or, in his absence from the United Kingdom, with his agent, or by forwarding the same by post in a registered letter, addressed with a sufficient direction to his usual place of abode, and posted on or before the third day previously to the day required for delivery of the same personally, at such places, at such hours and according to such regulations as the Postmaster General shall from time to time appoint for the posting and registration of such letters, and shall be accompanied by a copy of the Standing Orders which regulate the time and mode of presenting Petitions in opposition to Bills.
20. In all cases the written acknowledgment of the party applied to shall, Evidence of Appliin the absence of other proof, be sufficient evidence of such application having cation and Notice. been made, or notice given ; and in case of an application or notice having been forwarded by a registered letter, the production of the Post Office receipt for such letter shall be sufficient evidence of the due delivery of sucho letter: Provided it shall appear that the same was properly and sufficiently directed, and that the same was not returned by the Post Office as undelivered.
21. No notice served or application made on Sunday, Christmas Day, Notices not to be Good Friday, or Easter Monday, or before Eight o'clock in the forenoon, or given on Sunday, after Eight o'clock in the afternoon of any day, shall be deemed valid, except in the case of delivery of letters by post.
22. In cases of Bills to authorise the laying down of a Tramway, the Consents in case promoters shall obtain the consent of the local authority of the district of Tramways Bill. or districts through which it is proposed to construct such Tramway, and where in any district there is a road authority distinct from the local authority, the consent of such road authority shall also be necessary in any case where power is sought to break up any road, subject to the jurisdiction of such road authority. For the purposes of this Order, in England and
Standing Orders, Scotland, the local and road authorities shall be the local and road authorities
compliance for the purposes of “ The Tramways Act, 1870,” except that in the case of with which is to be proved before
a rural district in Enyland the rural district council shall be deemed to be Examiners. the local authority, and in Ireland the local and road authorities shall be the
district councils and the county councils respectively. Provided that where it is proposed to lay down a continuous line of Tramway in two or more districts, and any local or road authority having jurisdiction in any such districts does not consent thereto, the consents of the local and road authority, or the local and road authorities having jurisdiction over Twothirds of the length of such proposed line of Tramway, shall be deemed to be sufficient.
Deposit not to be made on Sunday, aic.
3. Documents required to be deposited, and the Times and Places of Deposit.
23. No Deposit required by the following Orders shall be deemed valid if made on Sunday, Christmas Day, Good Friday, or Easter Monday, or before Eight o'clock in the forenoon, or after Eight o'clock in the afternoon of
with Clerk of the
Deposit of Plans, 24. In cases of Bills of the Second Class, a Plan and also a Duplicate thereof, Books of Reference, and Sections together with a Book of Reference thereto, and a Section and also a Duplicate
thereof, as hereinafter described, and in cases of Bills of the First Class, Peace, &c.
under the powers of which any lands or houses may be taken or used compulsorily, and in the case of all Bills by which any charge is imposed upon any lands or houses, or any respect of any improvement, a Plan and
or are rendered liable to have a charge imposed upon them
them in Duplicate thereof, together with a Book of Reference thereto, shall be deposited for public inspection at the office of the Clerk of the Peace for every County, Riding, or Division in England or Ireland, or in the office of the Principal Sheriff Clerk of every County in Scotland, and where any County in Scotland is divided into districts or divisions, then also in the office of the Principal Sheriff Clerk, in or for each district or division, in or through which the Work is proposed to be made, maintained, varied, extended or enlarged, or in which such lands or houses are situate, on or before the 30th day of November immediately preceding the application for the Bill; and in the case of Railway Bills, the Ordnance Map on the scale of one inch to a mile, with the line of Railway delineated thereon, so as to show its general course and direction, shall be deposited with such Plans, Sections, and Book of Reference ; and the Clerks of the Peace or Sheriff Clerks, or their respective Deputies, shall make a Memorial in writing upon the Plans, Sections, and Books of Reference so deposited with them, denoting the time at which the same were lodged in their respective offices, and shall at all seasonable hours of the day permit any person to view and examine one of the same, and to make copies or extracts therefrom ; and one of the two Plans and Sections so deposited shall be sealed up and retained in the possession of the Clerk of the Peace or Sheriff Clerk until called for by order of one of the Two Houses of Parliament. In cases of Bills whereby it is proposed to alter or extend the Municipal Boundary of any City, Borough, or Urban District, a Map on a scale of not less than three inches to a mile, and also a Duplicate thereof, showing as well the present Boundaries of the City, Borough, or Urban District as the Boundaries of the proposed Extension, shall be deposited with the Town Clerk of such City or Borough, or clerk of such Urban District, who shall at all seasonable hours of the day permit any person to view and examine such Map, and to make copies thereof; and a copy of the said Map, with the said Boundaries delineated thereon, shall also be deposited at the Office
of the Board of Agriculture and Fisheries. Deposit of Plans, 25. On or before the 30th day of November, a copy of the said Plans, &c. in Private Sections and Books of Reference, and in the case of Railway Bills, also a
copy of the Ordnance Map, with the line of Railway delineated thereon,
shall be deposited in the Private Bill Office of this House. Deposit of Tram
25a. In the case of Bills for laying down a Tramway, an Ordnance Map way Map with
of the district on a scale of not less than six inches to a mile, with the line Board of Trade. of the proposed Tramway marked thereon, and a Diagram on a scale of not
less than two inches to a mile, prepared in accordance with the specimen to Standing Orders, be obtained at the Office of the Board of Trade, must also be deposited at with which is to be that Office on or before the 30th November.
256. In cases of Bills for the supply of electrical energy, an Ordnance Deposit of Map in Map on a scale of not less than one inch to the mile, with the proposed case of Bills for
supply of electrical area of supply marked thereon, shall be deposited at the Office of the Board energy. of Trade on or before the 30th day of November.
26. In cases where Tidal Lands within the ordinary Spring Tides are to Deposit in case of be acquired, or in any way affected, a copy of the Plans and Sections shall, Bill affecting Tidal on or before the 30th day of November immediately preceding the application for the Bill, be deposited at the Office of the Harbour Department, Board of Trade, marked “ TIDAL WATERS,” and on such copy all Tidal Waters shall be coloured blue, and if the Plans include any Bridge across Tidal Waters, the dimensions, as regards span and headway of the nearest Bridges, if any, across the same Tidal Waters above and below the proposed new Bridge, shall be marked thereon ; and in all such cases, such Plans and Sections shall be accompanied by an Ordnance Map of the country over which the Works are proposed to extend, or are to be carried, with their position and extent, or route accurately laid down thereon.
26a. And, in cases where the work is to be situate on the banks, foreshore, Deposit in case of or bed of any river, a copy of the Plans and Sections shall, on or before the Bill affecting
Banks, &c. of 30th day of November immediately preceding the application for the Bill, be river. deposited
(1) if the river is in England or Wales, at the Office of the Board of
Agriculture and Fisheries ;
at the Office of the Department of Agriculture and Technical
Instruction for Ireland, Dublin ;
also of such Board
27. In the case of Railway, Tramway, and Canal Bills, a Copy of all Deposit of Plans, Plans, Sections, and Books of Reference, required to be deposited in the Office of any Clerk of the Peace or Sheriff Clerk, on or before the 30th day of November immediately preceding the application for the Bill (and in the case of Railway Bills also a Copy of the Ordnance Map, with the Line of Railway delineated thereon), shall on or before the same day be deposited in the Office of the Board of Trade.
28. WHERE the work or any part thereof will be situate in London, or Deposit of Plans where powers are sought to take or use any Lands compulsorily in London, and Sections with a Copy of so much of the Plans, Sections, and Book of Reference as relates Council. to London shall, on or before the 30th day of November, be deposited at the Office of the London County Council.
29. WHERE, under the powers of any Bill, any work is intended to be Deposit in certain made, maintained, varied, extended, or enlarged, or any lands or houses mav cases with certain be taken or used compulsorily, or an improvement charge may be imposed, a Copy of so much of the said Plans and Sections as relates to any of the areas hereinafter mentioned, together with a Copy of so much of the Book of Reference as relates to such area, shall, on or before the 30th day of
in certain cases with Home Office
Standing Orders, November, be deposited with the Officer respectively hereinafter mentioned,
compliance with which is to be
that is to say, in the case of— proved before (a) The City of London, or any borough in England or Wales, whether Examirers.
Metropolitan or other, with the Town Clerk of such City or Borough ; (6) Any Urban District in England or Wales, not being a Borough,
or any Rural District, with the Clerk of the District Council ; (c) Any Parish in England or Wales having a Parish Council, with the
Clerk of the Parish Council, or, if there is no Clerk, with the Chairman
of that Council; (d) Any Parish in England.or Wales comprised in a Rural District, and
not having a Parish Council, with the Chairman of the Parish Meeting ; (e) Any Burgh in Scotland, with the Town Clerk or Clerk ; (f) Any Parish in Scotland, outside a Burgh, with the Clerk of the
Parish Council ; (g) Any Urban or Rural District in Ireland, with the Clerk of the
District Council. Deposit of Plans
30. Where by any Bill power is sought to take any Churchyard, Burial
Ground, or Cemetery, or any part thereof, or to disturb the bodies interred
Land, as the case may be, a copy of so much of the Plans, Sections, and
31. WHEREVER any Plans, Sections, and Books of Reference, or parts be deposited with
thereof, are required to be deposited, a copy of the Notice published in the Plans, &c.
Gazette of the intended application to Parliament shall be deposited therewith.
32. Every Petition for a Private Bill, headed by a short Title descriptive deposited in Private of the Undertaking or Bill, corresponding with that at the head of the
Advertisement, with a Declaration, signed by the Agent, and a printed copy of the Bill annexed, shall be deposited in the Private Bill Office on or before the 17th day of December; and such Petition, Bill and Declaration shall be open to the inspection of all parties ; and printed copies of the Bill shall also be delivered therewith for the use of any Member of the House or Agent who may apply for the same. Such Declaration shall state to which of the two Classes of Bills such Bill, in the judgment of the Agent, belongs ; and if the proposed Bill shall give power to effect any of the following objects; that is to say :
Power to take any lands or houses compulsorily, or to extend the time granted by any former Act for that purpose :
Power to levy tolls, rates or duties, or to alter any existing tolls, rates or duties; or to confer, vary or extinguish any exemption from payment of tolls, rates or duties, or to confer, vary or extinguish any other right or privilege:
Power to amalgamate with any other Company, or to sell or lease their Undertaking, or to purchase or take on lease the Undertaking of any other Company :
Power to interfere with any Crown, Church or Corporation property, or property held in trust for public or charitable purposes:
Power to relinquish any part of a work authorized by a former Act:
Power to divert into any existing or intended cut, canal, reservoir, aqueduct or navigation, or into any intended variation, extension or enlargement thereof reepectively, any water from any existing cut, canal, reservoir, aqueduct or navigation, whether directly or derivatively, and whether under any agreement with the proprietors thereof, or otherwise :
Power to make, vary, extend or enlarge any cut, canal, reservoir, aqueduct or navigation : Power to make, vary, çxtend or enlarge any Railway,
Gazette Notice to
The said Declaration shall state which of such powers are given by the Bill, Standing Orders, and shall indicate in which clauses of the Bill (referring to them by their with which is to be number) such powers are given, and shall further state that the Bill does not
proved before give power to effect any of the objects enumerated in this Order, other than those stated in the Declaration.
If the proposed Bill shall not give power to effect any of the objects enumerated in the preceding Order, the said Declaration shall state that the Bill does not give power to effect any of such objects.
The said Declaration shall also state that the Bill does not give any powers other than those included in the Notices for the Bill.
and other Public
33. On or before the 18th day of December, a printed Copy shall be Deposit of Private
Bills at Treasury deposited
Departments. (1.) Of every Private Bill, at the Office of His Majesty's Treasury and at the General Post Office; (2.) Of
every Private Bill relating to England and Wales, at the Office of the Secretary of State for the Home Department and at the Local Government Board ;
(3.) Of every Local Bill relating to Scotland or Ireland, at the Office of the Secretary for Scotland or the Irish Office, as the case may be ;
(4.) Of every Bill relating to Railways, Tramways, Canals, Gas, Water, Patents, or Electric Lighting, or for incorporating or giving powers to any Company, at the Office of the Board of Trade ;
(5.) Of every Bill relating to any Dock, Harbour, Navigation, Pier, Port or Tidal Waters, at the Office of the Harbour Department of the Board of Trade, marked “ Tidal Waters ” ;
(6.) Of every Bill of the Second Class whereby it is intended to authorise the construction of any work on the Banks, Foreshore, or Bed of any River, at the Office of the Board of Agriculture and Fisheries, and at the Office of the Conservators of the River, if any ;
(7.) Of every Bill containing provisions with respect to the use of weights and measures, or the inspection or verification of the same, at the Standards Department of the Board of Trade ;
(8.) Of every Bill relating to any Company, body, or person carrying on business in any Colony or British Possession, at the Office of the Secretary of State for the Colonies ;
(9.) Of every Bill which proposes to alter the Boundary of the area of any County, Urban District, Parish, or any other administrative area, or which relates to any matter to which the Births and Deaths Registration Acts, 1836 to 1874, and any Act amending the same, relate, at the General Register Office, Somerset House ;
(10.) Of every private Bill relating to England and Wales which in any manner affects Education or Educational Endowments, or alters the Boundary of any County, Borough, or Urban Dstrict, or affects the incidence of any local rate out of which any educational expenditure is payable, at the Office of the Board of Education
(11.) Of every Bill affecting Crown property, at the Office of the Commissioners of Woods, and if the property is in England or Scotland, at the Office of the Commissioners of Works, or, if the property is in Ireland, at the Office of the Commissioners of Public Works in Ireland ;
(12.) Of every Bill affecting Charities or Charitable Trusts, at the Office of the Charity Commission and at the Office of the Board of Education ;
(13.) Of every Bill affecting the Duchy of Cornwall or the Duchy of Lancaster, at the Office of such Duchy respectively ;