« PreviousContinue »
ORDERS FOR PURPOSES OF THE PRIVATE
LEGISLATION PROCEDURE (SCOTLAND) ACT, 1899.
250. In the following Orders
The expression "the Procedure Act" means the Private Legislation Definitions.
The expression "the Chairmen means the Chairman of Committees of the House of Lords and the Chairman of Ways and Means in the House of Commons.
The expression "Draft Order" means a Draft Provisional Order under the Procedure Act.
The expression "Substituted Bill means a Bill promoted in lieu of a Provisional Order or part thereof which the Secretary for Scotland has refused to issue.
mine procedure for draft Provisional
251. THE Chairman of Committees in the House of Lords (if that House Chairmen to deterthinks fit so to order) and the Chairman of Ways and Means in this House shall together determine all matters of practice and procedure which will enable them to take into consideration draft Provisional Orders submitted Orders. to the Secretary for Scotland under the Procedure Act.
252. A COPY of every Report on any draft Provisional Order made by Report of Chairmen the Chairmen to the Secretary for Scotland, signed by the Chairmen, shall be on draft Provisional laid before this House on or before the third day after it is made, or if the House be not then sitting, on or before the third day after its next sitting. 253. THE Committee of Selection shall select and propose to the House Committee of the names of not more than 15 Members to form the Parliamentary Panel of Selection to choose Parliamentary Members of this House to act as Commissioners under the Procedure Act. Panel. 254. WHERE a Confirmation Bill originating in the House of Lords has been referred to a Joint Committee under the provisions of section 9 of the Procedure Act, that Bill shall, after being read a second time in this House, be deemed to have passed the stage of Committee, and be ordered to be read a third time.
Bills originating in the House of Lords Committee to be deemed to have passed Committee in this House.
referred to Joint
254a. WHERE, under the provisions of section 9 of the Procedure Act, a Constitution of Confirmation Bill has been referred to a Joint Committee, the Committee Joint Committee. of this House shall consist of Three Members, to be nominated by the Committee of Selection.
255. WHERE under the provisions of section 2 of the Procedure Act the Secretary for Scotland has refused to issue a Provisional Order, or part thereof, and the Petitioners for the Order desire to promote a Bill for the same objects as were sought by the draft Provisional Order or such part, the promoters shall, on or before the seventh day after the notification to them of the refusal of the Secretary for Scotland to issue the Provisional Order or part, deposit a copy of the substituted Bill in every office of a public department or other office in which copies of the draft Provisional Order were, under General Orders, made in pursuance of the Procedure Act, required to be deposited. In the case of Petitions for Provisional Orders deposited on or before the 17th day of April, which are directed to be proceeded with as Bills, the substituted Bills may be deposited on or before the ensuing 17th day of December, and all notices given, or other proceedings taken, in respect of such Petitions and substituted Bills, shall be applicable to such Bills.
Deposit of sub
stituted Bill at
256. In the case of a substituted Bill, the service of such notices to Proofs before opponents as are required by section 2 of the Procedure Act shall be proved Examiners. before one of the Examiners, but where compliance with the corresponding General Order is proved it shall not be necessary to prove compliance
Private Legislation with Standing Orders 3 to 68; and the notices published and served, and the deposits made for the Provisional Order, or for such part, shall be held to have been published, served, and made respectively for such Bill.
(Scotland) Act, 1899.
No provisions not contained in draft Provisional Order to be inserted in substituted Bill.
257. PROVISIONS which were contained in a Draft Provisional Order may be omitted from the Substituted Bill, but no provisions shall be inserted in any substituted Bill as deposited which were not contained in the draft Provisional Order; and the Examiner shall certify whether this Order has or has not been complied with.
258. A copy of every substituted Bill brought from the House of Lords brought from House shall, not later than two days after the Bill is read a first time, be deposited at every office at which the Draft Order was deposited under General Order 33 or would be required to be deposited under that Order, if the Draft Order as originally applied for had contained the same provisions as the substituted Bill so brought from the House of Lords.
Petitions for or against.
259. ALL Petitions deposited at the Office of the Secretary for Scotland pursuant to General Orders, in favour of or against a draft Provisional Order shall, on transmission from the Office of the Secretary for Scotland, be received as if duly deposited in favour of or against the substituted Bill.
[FORM referred to in Pages 58 and 70.]
WE beg to inform you that Application is intended to be made to Parliament in the ensuing Session for "An Act" [here insert the Title of the Act], and that the Property mentioned in the annexed Schedule, Part I., or some part thereof, in which we understand you are interested as therein stated, will be liable to be taken compulsorily for the Purposes of the said Undertaking [and that the Property mentioned in the annexed Schedule, Part II., in which we understand you are interested as therein stated, will be liable to have an improvement charge imposed upon it].
We also beg to inform you, that a Plan and Section of the said Undertaking, with a Book of Reference thereto, have been or will be deposited with the [several Clerks of the Peace or principal Sheriff Clerks, as the case may be] of the Counties of [specify the Counties in which the Property is situate], on or before the 30th November, and that Copies of so much of the said Plan and Section as relates to the [Parish or other area in accordance with the terms of Standing Order 29, as the case may be] in which your Property is situate, with a Book of Reference thereto, have been or will be deposited for public inspection with the [Clerk, or other Officer in the said Order respectively mentioned, as the case may be], on or before the 30th day of November, on which Plan your Property is designated by the Numbers in the annexed Schedule.
As we are required to report to Parliament whether you assent to or dissent from the proposed Undertaking, or whether you are neuter in respect thereto, you will oblige us by writing your Answer of Assent, Dissent, or Neutrality in the Form left herewith, and returning the same to us with your Signature on or before the day of next; and if there should be any Error or Misdescription in the annexed Schedule, we shall feel obliged by your informing us thereof, at your earliest convenience, that we may correct the same without delay.
We also beg to inform you that it is intended that the Act shall provide to the effect that, notwithstanding Section 92 of the Lands Clauses Consolidation Acts, 1845 [or Section 90 of the Lands Clauses Consolidation (Scotland) Act, 1845], you may be required to sell and convey a part only of your Property, numbered deposited Plans.
We are, Sir,
Your most obedient servants,
Note. If the Application is forwarded by Post, the words "Parliamentary Notice" are to be printed or written on the cover.
A TABLE OF THE FEES TO BE CHARGED AT THE HOUSE OF COMMONS.
FEES to be paid by the PROMOTERS of a PRIVATE Bill.
On the deposit of the Petition, Bill, Plan, or any other Document in the
For every day on which the Examiners shall inquire into the compliance with the Standing Orders
Bills from the Lords, commonly called Estate Bills, Divorce Bills, Naturalization Bills, and Name Bills, to be charged only one half of the preceding Fees.
The preceding Fees on the Presentation, First, Second, and Third Readings, and Report, to be increased according to the money to be raised or expended under the authority of any Bill for the execution of a work, in conformity with the following Scale :
If the sum be
If the sum be
If the sum be
100,000l. and under 500,000l., twice the amount of such Fecs. 500,000l. and under 1,000,000/., three times the amount of such Fecs. 1,000,000l. and above, four times the amount of such Fees.
For PROCEEDINGS before any COMMITTEE or the REFEREES.
For every day on which the Committee or the Referee shall sit,—
FEES to be paid by the OPPONENTS of a PRIVATE BILL.
On the deposit of every Memorial complaining that the Standing Orders
For PROCEEDINGS before the EXAMINERS, or before any COMMITTEE,
For every day on which the Examiners shall inquire into any Memorial
On every Motion, Order, or Proceeding in the House upon a Private Bill,
For Copies of all Papers and Documents, at the rate of 72 words in every
For every Plan or Document certified by The Speaker pursuant to any
For every day on which any parties shall be heard by Counsel at the Bar, from each side
For serving any Summons or Order on a Private Bill or matter
For every day on which a Committee of the whole House shall sit on a