« PreviousContinue »
fences by such parish ; and in any case where the information hereby Proceedings required is not given, and the required provisions are not made in the of Committees on Bill
, the Committee on the saine shall report specially to The House the Reasons for not complying with such Order.
180. In every Bill for inclosing Lands, the names of the Commissioners Consent Bill to proposed to be appointed, and the Compensation intended for the Lord of contain Names of
Commissioners, &c. the Manor, and the Owners of Tithes, in lieu of their respective Rights, and also the Compensation intended to be made for the enfranchisement of Copyholds, where any Bargains or Agreements have been made for such compensations, shall be inserted in the copy of the Bill presented to The House : And all Copies of such Bills which shall be sent to any of the Persons interested in the said Manor, Tithes, Lands or Commons, for their Consent, shall contain the Names of such proposed Commissioners, and also the Compensations so bargained or agreed for.
181. No Person shall be named in any Bill for inclosing Lands as a Com- Disqualification of missioner, Umpire, Surveyor, or Valuer, who shail be interested in the certain Persons as Inclosure to be made by virtue of such Bill ; or the Agent ordinarily Surveyors, &c. intrusted with the care, superintendence or management of the Estate of any Person so interested.
182. In every Bill for inclosing, draining or improving Lands, there shall Provisions for be inserted a Clause, providing what sum of Money in the whole, or by the settling Pay of day, shall be paid to each of the Commissioners to be appointed by such Bill, in satisfaction of the expense and trouble which he shall incur in the execution of the powers thereby given; and also a Clause, providing that the Account of such Commissioner or Commissioners, containing a true statement of all Sums by him or them received and expended or due to him or them for their own trouble or expenses, shall, at least once in every year, from the date of the passing of the Act till such Accounts shall be finally allowed, together with the Vonchers relating to the same, be examined by some Person or Persons to be appointed by the Bill, and the Balance by him or them stated in the Book of Accounts required to be kept in the Office of the Clerk of such Commissioners ; and that no charge or item in such Accounts shall be binding on the Parties concerned, or be valid in law, unless the same shail be duly allowed by such Person or Persons.
Inclosures. 183. WHENEVER a Private Bill contains any provisions relating to the Committee on Inclosure of Land, which might be comprised in a Provisional Order, any Private Bill under the Acts for the Inclosure and Improvement of Land, the Committee visions relating to make a Special Report thereon to The House.
to the Inclosure
Houses of the Working Classes in Scotland or Ireland.
Scotland or Ireland.
184. In the case of every Bill which gives, revives, or extends power Provisions with to take land in Scotland or Ireland compulsorily or by agreement, Clauses respect to houses shall be inserted :
working class in (1.) Providing that the promoters shall not, in the exercise of such power, purchase or acquire, in any local area any house or houses, occupied either wholly or partially by thirty or more persons belonging to the working class, ás tenants or lodgers, unless and until
(a.) They shall have obtained the approval of the Central Authority to a scheme for providing new dwellings for the persons residing in such houses, or for such number or proportion of such persons as the Central Authority shall, after inquiry, deem necessary, having regard to the number of persons residing in the houses liable to be taken and working within one mile therefrom, and to the amount of vacant suitable accommodation in the immediate neighbourhood of
Proceedings of Committees on
the houses liable to be taken, or to the place of employment of such persons, and all the other circumstances of the case ; and
(6.) They shall have given security to the satisfaction of the Central Authority for the carrying out of the scheme ;
(2.) Imposing adequate penalties on the promoters in the event of houses being acquired or appropriated for the purposes of the Bill in contravention of the foregoing provisions ;
(3.) Providing that the expenses or any part of the expenses incurred by the Central Authority under this Order shall be defrayed by the promoters of the Bill, or out of moneys to be raised under the Bill; and
(4.) Conferring on the promoters and on the Central Authority respectively any powers that may be necessary to enable full effect to
be given to the said scheme. Expressions defined in Order 38 have the same meanings in this Order.
Water. 185. In the case of every Bill whereby it is proposed to impound the whole or any part of the water of any river or stream, and to give a flow of water in compensation for the water so impounded, the Committee on the Bill shall inquire into the expediency of making provision, so far as may be practicable, that the whole or a minimum amount of such compensation water shall be given in a continuous flow throughout the twenty-four hours of every day, and shall report to The House accordingly.
Turnpike Roads (Ireland). Clause for Qualifi. 186. In every Bill for making a Turnpike Road in Ireland, or for the cation of Commis- continuing or amending any Act passed for that purpose, or for the increase
or alteration of the existing Tolls, Rates or Duties upon any such road, or for widening or diverting any such Road, a Clause shall be inserted, tó prevent any person who shall be nominated a Commissioner from acting or voting in the business of the said Turnpike, unless he shall be possessed of an Estate in Land, or of a Personal Estate, to such certain value as shall be specified in such Bills ; and such Qualification shall be extended to the Heirs apparent of Persons possessed of an Estate in Land to a certain value to be specified.
Gas or Water
Burial Grounds, Cemeteries, Gas Works, and Electricity. Clause for defining 187. In every Bill for making or constructing Gas Works or Sewage limits of Cemetery, Works, or Works for the manufacture or conversion of the residual proGas Works, &c. ducts of Gas or Sewage, or for making or constructing, altering, or enlarging
any Sewage Farm, Cemetery, Burial Ground, Crematorium, Destructor, Hospital for infectious disease, or station for generating electrical energy, there shall be inserted a Clause defining the lands in or upon which such Gas Works, Sewage Works, Farm, Cemetery, Burial Ground, Crematorium, Destructor, Hospital, or Generating Station, may be made or constructed.
188. In every Bill by which an existing Gas or Water Company is Companies Addi- anthorized to raise additional Capital, provision shall be made for the offer
of such capital by public auction or tender at the best price which can be obtained, unless the Committee on the Bill shall report that such provision ought not to be required, with the reasons on which their opinion is founded.
In the case of every such Gas Bill it shall be competent to the Committee so to regulate the price of the Gas to be charged to consumers that any reduction of an authorized standard price shall entitle the Company to make a proportionate increase of the authorized dividend, and that any increase above the standard price shall involve a proportionate decrease of dividend.
Proceedings of Committees on
Bills. 188a. In the case of any Estate Bill, the Committee on the Bili shall report specially to The House if the Bill contains provisions extending either
Committeo on the term or the area of any Settlement of Land, and the Report of the Estate Bills to Committee shall be printed and circulated with the Votes.
report specially in certain cases,
PROCEEDINGS OF SELECT COMMITTEE ON DIVORCE BILLS. 189. THERE shall be a Committee, to be designated “The Select Committee Committee on on Divorce Bills,” to consist of Nine Members, who shall be nominated at Divorce Bills the commencement of every Session, of whom Three shall be a Quorum.
190. The Select Committee on Divorce Bills shall require evidence to be Evidence to be given before them that an action for damages has been brought in one of given in Divorce His Majesty's Courts of Record at Westminster, or in one of His Majesty's Courts of Record in Dublin, or in one of His Majesty's Supreme Courts of Judicature of the Presidencies of Calcutta, Madras, Bombay, or the Island of Ceylon, respectively, against the persons supposed to have been guilty of Adultery, and judgment for the Plaintiff had thereupon ; or sufficient cause to be shown to the satisfaction of the said Committee why such action was not brought, or such judgment was not obtained.
191. THE Select Committee on Divorce Bills shall, in all cases in which Petitioner for the Petitioner for the Bill has attended the House of Lords upon the Second Bin to attend Reading of the Bill, require him to attend before them to answer any questions they may think fit that he should answer.
192. The Select Committee on Divorce Bills shall report every such Bill Committee to to The House, whether such Committee shall or shall not have agreed to the report Bill in all Preamble, or gone through the several Clauses, or any of them.